Chinese Lunatic Asylum / Victoria Mental Hospital [1891- ]
The Chinese Lunatic Asylum opened in 1891, and had 16 beds, 8 for each sex.
1894, the Hong Kong Government arranged with the authorities in Canton to accept transfers of Chinese patients to the John Kerr Refuge for the Insane in Fong Tsuen run by an American missionary.
In 1895, the European and Chinese Asylum's were merged. For more details see Victoria Mental Hospital.
In 1961, the Victoria Mental Hospital was moved to Castle Peak.
This building is now used as a methadone clinic since.