ADMIRALTY LOT NO.12 Coast Watching Station, Cheung Chau
ADMIRALTY LOT NO.12 NAVAL STATION, Cheung Chau
Nowaday it is the aeronautical meteorological station at Cheung Chau operation by Hong Kong Observatory, please have a look for the story of that station
The Cheung Chau aeronautical meteorological station was set up in 1953 at a hilltop site adjacent to the Kwan Kung Pavilion on the southern side of the island. In 1970, the station was relocated to its present site on Peak Road West (that site was formerly ADMIRALTY LOT No. 12 NAVAL STATION, Cheung Chau) Sorry that no more information found about Cheung Chau Naval Station at that moment.
We can assume the four boundary stone was fixed on 1951 and all four of them lucky still here! those four boundary stone look quite different to other War Department boundary stone or Naval boundary stone, the size is 15cm X 13.5cm and 26cm height! The reason is still unknown but may reflect something. it mark "A L 12" only without any number or year fixed that usually could find on other Naval boundary stones.