Sutherland Street Pier [c.1903-c.1980] | Gwulo: Old Hong Kong

Sutherland Street Pier [c.1903-c.1980]

Current condition: 
Demolished / No longer exists
Date Place completed: 
c.1903-01-01 (Year, Month, Day are approximate)
Date Place demolished: 
c.1980-01-01 (Year, Month, Day are approximate)

In 1902, a public auction was held to obtain "the right of erecting and maintaining piers over Crown Fore-shore". This was successful for three piers including the one " End of Sutherland Street". 

Estimated start of operation is 1903, end about 1980 when the next phase of reclamation started. On the 1945 map on Gwulo the name of the pier is given as Sai Kong Wharf.


Photos that show this place