Hong Kong Macau Ferry Wharf (second generation) [1900-c.1958]
The next step of reclamation started at the end of the 1890s. This work extended the seashore from DesVoeux to Connaught Road.The older pier extended further out into the sea (beyond the new praya), the new one possibly used parts of the old one; or it was built completely new.
The Public Works Report for 1900 refer:
The new Canton steamer wharf was completed and opened for use in November, just in time to take the place of the temporary pier at the end of Wing Lok Street which was almost completely destroyed by the typhoon on the 10th November.
End of the 1950s, the end of the pier came with the next phase of reclamation. The Government Report for 1957 refers:
The progressive reclamation of land from the sea along the central section of the City of Victoria's waterfront recommenced with the construction of the foundations to a sea wall which, when completed, will enclose a strip of land 250 feet wide and 1,000 feet long. The sea wall will provide berths for the Macau ferries; the reclaimed land will provide sites for commercial and Government offices, as well as for the widening of Connaught Road Central to a width in keeping with present-day traffic needs.
Probably the end of 1957 or the beginning of 1958 was the end for this pier.