Kirkendoa (first generation) [1897-c.1948]
Public Records Office Notes - RBL 1
"Lease is for 150 years from 30.9.1878 at a Crown Rent of HK$216 per annum. This house was reconstructed in 1948".
Public Records Office:
The original "Kirkendoa" was built in 1897-8 by Henry Lardner Dennys, a Hong Kong Solicitor on part of a lot he
In January 1909 the house was purchased by Murray Stewart, the founding president of the Hong Kong Benevolent Society and a member of the first committee appointed ot raise funds to establish the University of Hong Kong.
The next owner, and the person from whom the Charterd Bank purchased the house in January 1921, was A. M. Compton - about whom no information avilable.