Lei Yue Mun Gap Beacon (southern shore - A Kung Ngam) [1924- ]
According to Dr Stephen Davies, the pair of lights (88 and 89) on either side of Lei Yue Mun were first erected in 1902 as unlit markers after becoming British Territory. Lights were added by 1924 (they were both shown lit on a 1923 chart).
Both lights were rebuilt in 1964. Old Lists of Lights described the original structures as pillars with 89 being painted in red and white checkers and 88 painted in black and white checkers (as seen in the 1957 photo). Today, 89 is a red tripod structure while 88 is a green pillar with the light supported by a tripod.
Comment by Yuenmatthew415 (Source)