Tsuen Wan Police Station (1st generation) [1911-c.1959]
Was situated at today's Tsuen Kam Centre (Block 1) at Sai Lau Kok Road. Can be seen on the 1928 map at hkmaps.hk, still on the 1952 map on Gwulo. The station was replaced in 1959 by a new one (see comment below).
This station, begun in 1910, was completed in July. It comprises a main block, partly one and partly two—storied, and a wing containing servants’ quarters, &c., also two-storied.
The buildings are of red brick in lime mortar, plastered externally with lime and cement rough-cast. The roof is of double pan and roll tiling.
The buildings contain a charge room and cell, a room for an Inspecting Officer with bathroom attached, quarters for a European Sergeant (2 rooms and bathroom, kitchen, &c.), 10 Indian Constables and 7 Chinese Constables, besides the necessary kitchens, ablution rooms and latrines. Verandahs, 5 feet wide are provided on the south-east and north-east sides of the building. The station occupies the top of a low hill, which has been levelled off to form a parade ground. An approach path was formed from the existing pathway to the station.
(Public Works report for 1911)