Gwulo in London: Talk on Saturday, 30th March, 2019
I'll present talk #4 to the Friends of the RASHKB in London at the end of March. Non-members are very welcome to attend.
I'll use the projector to show a selection of old Hong Kong photos from my collection onscreen, and tell their stories. The photos have been scanned at high-resolution so I can zoom in to them during the talk and show you their hidden details.
This talk's photos and stories are grouped around four themes:
- The ubiquitous shoulder pole
- A selection of Hong Kong Views from 1902
- Off the beaten track – less commonly seen parts of Hong Kong
- Photos of Kowloon
There will be time to answer any questions after the talk.
I hope you'll be able to join us. To reserve your place(s), please follow the instructions below.
- You can read a review of this talk on pages 8&9 of the RAS HK newsletter for July 2017 if you'd like to get a better idea of what to expect.
- This is the first time I'll present this talk outside of Hong Kong, so you don't have to worry about having heard it before!
Time, location, lunch, and how to book
And email Paul Bolding firstname.lastname@example.org to advise that you have done so with numbers of members & guests attending, and whether or not you'll join the lunch.
If you are unable to make a bank transfer, please let Paul know.