|Pre-order the new Gwulo book today to get
special price, free shipping, signed copies, and a free sample
Details and how to order
Gwulo & Philip Cracknell on RTHK's HK Heritage
You can listen to the latest episode of RTHK's 'Hong Kong Heritage' program at: http://programme.rthk.hk/channel/radio/programme.php?name=radio3/hongkon...
Presenter Annemarie Evans starts by chatting with me about the wartime diaries project here on Gwulo.
Then at 4:50 she starts a longer interview with Philip Cracknell, hearing some of the interesting stories Philip has uncovered about the soldiers who fought here in December 1941. We've got photos, locations and further information for several of the places they discuss:
- Pillbox (PB) 1 & PB2 on the slope below Jardine's Lookout
- The Artillery Observation Post at the top of Jardine's Lookout where Tom Marsh was wounded.
- Anti-aircraft battery on Brick Hill.
- Japanese tunnel near PBs 1 & 2
- The collision and crash of two American planes on 16 Jan 1945, as told in diaries at the time, and information about their recent re-discovery.
Philip's own blog has more detail of his research into Jack Siddans, whose ID bracelet was found while metal detecting near Parkview.