Bowrington Market (between Bowrington Canal and Canal Road West) was built of reinforced concrete to provide accommodation for 24 stalls, a poultry killing room, quarters for the Sanitary Department staff and a latrine in brickwork. The stalls were finished in Terrazzo and suitably fitted-up for butchers, fishmongers, poulterers, vegetables and fruit sellers use. Work was completed on 4 December 1934. Report on Public Works for 1934 item no. 105 refers.
(For information, the Report on Public Works for 1913 under item no. 118 mentions a temporary timber shed market containing 6 stalls was erected adjoining Bowrington Canal. Location not known. To be verified.)