Queen's College (current location) [1950- ]

Submitted by David on Thu, 03/24/2016 - 14:57
Current condition
In use
Date completed

After a temporary stay in Kennedy Road, Queen's College moved here in 1950:

Queen's College after the War (1950 - 1962 )

In 1950, a new campus of Queen's College was built in Causeway Bay for the expansioin of the school. Sir Alexander Grantham, Governor of Hong Kong, announced the revival of Queen's College on 22 September 1950. Since then, the two-story high building served countless Q.C. students throughout half of the century. Until 1951 the lowest class at Queen's was Class 4 (equivalent to now form 3). In September of 1951 two additional classes were provided at the bottom of the school. The lowest class at Queen's thus become Class 6 (Form 1 nowadays). The changes in organization and other factors consequent on the rapid growth of education resulted for a time in an uneven distribution of divisions. In 1950 for example, there were ten divisions of Class 4. In 1951, four of these divisions were transferred to King's College (英皇書院). From 1955, intending Arts undergraduates had been transferred to King's College and later to Belilios Public School for their Advanced Level year. From 1962, an extra Upper Sixth Form was provided to the arts students so that QC boys no longer have to studied in Belilios. Meanwhile, some Belilios Girls came to Queen's to study Science. After that, no more girls were admitted and Queen's College today remains a full time Anglo-Chinese secondary school for boys.

Source: http://www.qc.edu.hk/

Photos that show this Place