Admiralty Dock / No. 1 Dock [????-????]
Position of marker is approximate.
Key dates, taken from page 120 of 'Whampoa Ships on the Shore' by Austin Coates:
- 1883 - construction starts, designed to be 500 feet long
- 1887 - completed sufficiently for entry
- 1888 - completed, with extension to 550 feet long at the Admiralty's request
- 1903 - lengthened to 576 feet
- 1907-11 - lengthened again
- 1931 - lengthened again
- 1962 - extended to 700 feet in length
- ???? - out of use
- ???? - the Whampoa Garden estate concrete replica ship/department store was built on the site, with the basement levels built inside the old dry-dock basin.