Donald James Neville ANDERSON [c.1912-1941]
I'm looking for photos / sketches / portraits of him for the CPS project's history book. He was a magistrate.
1912 - DoB from this family tree entry on Geni: http://www.geni.com/people/Donald-James-Neville-Anderson/600000001356105...
1941, Feb 14 - He is appointed a magistrate:
No. 195. - His Excellency the Officer Administering the Government has been pleased to appoint Mr. DONALD JAMES NEVILLE ANDERSON to be a Magistrate, with effect from 15th February, 1941.
1942, Dec 19 - He is killed fighting the Japanese. Tony Banham's book, Not the slightest chance, has several mentions:
- [19 December] 07.30am. The Japanese take the police station at Wong Nai Chung Gap. They then attack up the hill (Parkview Road) towards Stanley Gap and Lieutenant E. L. Mitchell's platoon of Winnipeg Grenadiers together with two sections from No. 3 Company under the popular Lieutenant D. J. Anderson. Pgs. 130-1.
- Roll of Honour for 19 Dec: Anderson, Donald James. Lieutenant, 3 Coy, HKVDC. Schoolmaster. East of Jardine's Lookout. Killed with the Winnipegs in the battle of Wong Nai Chung Gap. Pg. 153.
- Notes: 94. More credibly, (126) states that he was killed at the Stanley Gap AA site area. Pg. 364.
His name is listed on the DBS war memorial.
I searched for anderson in
- the photo search at HKPRO: One photo found:
- HK Public Library photo collection: nothing
- HK Museum of History: online search currently unavailable