Police Training School, Wong Chuk Hang [1948- ]
The Police Training School moved into its present home at Wong Chuk Hang in February 1948. The accommodation comprised a number of pre-war rice godowns spread across the 18-hectare site (which during the War had been used as Japanese military barracks before becoming a small refugee camp). Other than the main parade square, the Police Training School has altered almost beyond recognition. The square is now bounded by the Band Block, opened in 1983, the six storey New Teaching Block which was opened in January 1989, and by sports fields where paddy fields previously existed.