Roger Edward LINDSELL [1885-1940]
I'm looking for photos / sketches / portraits of him for the CPS project's history book.
His dates of birth & death are given in the family tree at: http://www.apac16.dsl.pipex.com/tree/fam/Lindsell.html#914KRL. Unfortunately there aren't any contact details to get in touch with the person maintaining it.
DoD confirmed by his gravestone: http://www.eggsa.org/library/main.php?g2_itemId=2089135
- 1909, he takes part in the Civil Service Competitive Examination for "(i) the Civil Service of India, (ii) Clerkships (Class L) in the Home Civil Service, and (iii) Eastern Cadetships in the Colonial Services". He was successful, and came out to Hong Kong as a Cadet. See: http://newspapers.nl.sg/Digitised/Article/straitstimes19091201.2.78.aspx
- 1915, appointed "to act as Second Police Magistrate". (I'm not sure if this was considered the same as "acting Second Police magistrate" in the past, ie a temporary / trial appointment? See: http://hkgro.lib.hku.hk/archive/files/cf0785827d4dc365dc2851c0fd3e9192.pdf
- April 1922, appointed to "act as First Police Magistrate, until further notice": http://hkgro.lib.hku.hk/archive/files/b9d57264b0d46224f099cec9efaf3820.pdf
- November 1922, appointed "to be Second police magistrate': http://hkgro.lib.hku.hk/archive/files/101f89d1c0107e78fdd89d1db06dc6ea.pdf
- 1930, appointed "to be First Police Magistrate and Coroner": http://hkgro.lib.hku.hk/archive/files/d5ebe1112ab3f99804c088a9461a1b95.pdf
- 1931, appointed to "act as Puisne Judge": http://hkgro.lib.hku.hk/archive/files/a2f375b5b2b657ba358303f416f4d876.pdf
- He continued his steady rise up the ranks, acting as Attorney General, and Chief Justice at different times.
There aren't any relevant results for lindsell in the photo search at HKPRO.
He served on Legco briefly, but they don't have a photo: http://app.legco.gov.hk/member_front/english/library/member_detail.aspx?id=407
No relevant results for lindsell hong kong in the UKNA.
I have found any family trees that mentions him, apart from the one mentioned above for dates of birth & death. There is a general discussion about that family name at: http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=483845.40