Bluff Head Battery, Stanley [1939- ]
Year completed is: Accurate
Condition at last visit: Ruins.
Date of last visit: Apr-1997
Other: Restricted Area
- 1939: Constructed as an Emergency Bty. (ADM 116/4356)
- 1939: Armament: 2 x 6" BL Naval guns. (WO 106/2379).
- 1941: December: In action against land targets. Damaged by artillery and bombing. Captured at surrender 25/26th December. (WO 172/1687).
- 1945: No guns remaining. (WO 78/750A).
- 1997: Some scattered ruins remain. (Personal visit).
- 1997: Site became part of PLA Base.
- 2014: Restricted Area, condition unknown.
For a background to these notes, and a glossary of terms used, please see: http://gwulo.com/node/24630