Morse House (Scouts HQ) [1954-1994]

Submitted by David on Thu, 07/08/2010 - 19:20
Current condition
Demolished / No longer exists
Date completed
Date closed / demolished

From 'History of HK Scouting', 1950s:

With generous donations and helps from Sir Arthur Morse and the Royal Hong Kong Jockey Club; together with the subsidies from the Hong Kong Government, a new purposely built Headquarters was erected at No. 9 Cox's Road. The new Headquarters "Morse House" was officially opened in 1954.


Many celebration activities were held for the 80th Anniversary of Hong Kong Scouting in 1991. The Foundation Stone of the New Headquarters Building "Hong Kong Scout Centre" was laid in the same year. Morse House, the Association Headquarters in Cox's Road was moved to Hong Kong Scout Centre, the new premises in June 1994. Morse House was handed back to the Government in June 1994.

Previous place(s) at this location


Photos that show this Place