Ss. Peter and Paul Church (聖伯多祿聖保祿堂) was originally built in 1925 in Tung Tau Tsuen (東頭村) of Yuen Long Old Market (元朗舊墟) under the leadership of Rev. Brookes, Richard PIME (穀祿師神父).
Rev. Brookes arrived in Hong Kong in 1922 and later served in St. Joseph’s Church (聖約瑟書院) in Garden Road and St. Teresa’s Church (聖德肋撒堂) in Kowloon City.
Ss. Peter and Paul Church was relocated and rebuilt on the present Castle Peak Road site in 1958 with financial support of Bishop Lawrence Bianchi and Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong. It is now the main Catholic Church in Yuen Long District.
Before 1993, the building accommodated Ss. Peter and Paul Church and Shung Tak Catholic English College (天主教崇德英文書院).
Two storeys were occupied by the school which contained a few classrooms, a library and a geography room located on the ground floor while a music room, art room and a classroom were on the first floor.
The College moved to Hung Shui Kiu (洪水橋) 1993. After that, the classrooms have been converted into conference rooms while the second floor is used by the Catholic Laity Formation Centre (天主教教友培育中心).
Comments
Ss. Peter and Paul Church (聖伯多祿聖保祿堂)
Ss. Peter and Paul Church (聖伯多祿聖保祿堂) was originally built in 1925 in Tung Tau Tsuen (東頭村) of Yuen Long Old Market (元朗舊墟) under the leadership of Rev. Brookes, Richard PIME (穀祿師神父).
Rev. Brookes arrived in Hong Kong in 1922 and later served in St. Joseph’s Church (聖約瑟書院) in Garden Road and St. Teresa’s Church (聖德肋撒堂) in Kowloon City.
Ss. Peter and Paul Church was relocated and rebuilt on the present Castle Peak Road site in 1958 with financial support of Bishop Lawrence Bianchi and Catholic Diocese of Hong Kong. It is now the main Catholic Church in Yuen Long District.
Before 1993, the building accommodated Ss. Peter and Paul Church and Shung Tak Catholic English College (天主教崇德英文書院).
Two storeys were occupied by the school which contained a few classrooms, a library and a geography room located on the ground floor while a music room, art room and a classroom were on the first floor.
The College moved to Hung Shui Kiu (洪水橋) 1993. After that, the classrooms have been converted into conference rooms while the second floor is used by the Catholic Laity Formation Centre (天主教教友培育中心).
source AMO