2010 Tai Sun Street, Cheung Chau (Old Cast Iron Street Sign)

Thu, 04/30/2020 - 07:02

Cast iron street sign with metal support. Common from a bygone era but only a few remain standing. 

Date picture taken
30 Oct 2010


At the right upper corner is the old entrance of Cheung Chau Fong Bin Hospital, which opened in 1872 and abandoned in 1988. This had been the only hospital served the local people prior to the St. John's Hospital (Later renamed as Cheung Chau Hospital) opened in 1934.