Original Peak School - Peak Fire Station [1915- ]
The Peak School has a long and proud tradition of service to the local community. From humble beginnings in 1911, when about six children were taught in one room of a house on the Peak, the school grew rapidly and soon occupied a suite of rooms in the old Peak Hotel. Some time later the school moved to what is now the Peak Fire Station, a building used latterly as an annexe known as "Little Peak" until it became The Peak Fire Station in 1966.
The school later moved to its current site on Plunketts Road.