Date is a guess. A rare sight of a tram turning into Canal Road East for Happy Valley or the Depot on Sharp Street.
Noted from a hard cover book titled "Early Hong Kong Tramways" by Cheng Po Hung that the turn into Happy Valley was originally via Canal Road East.
Followed this up, after looking at tram maps, between 1922 and 1952 the route to Happy Valley Racecourse was from Wanchai direction via Canal Road East, Leighton Road, Wong Nei Chong Road and Happy Valley Tram Terminus. In 1953, the single tram track on Percival Street at the junction with Russel Street was extended to connect with Leighton Road and Wong Nei Chong Road and concurrently that portion of tram line between Hennessy Road via Canal Road East to Sharp Street was withdrawn.