Two Bedford 3 tonners wait outside the Airmen's Mess ready to ferry personnel down town, or over to Shek O or sometimes Repulse Bay. Buildings shown are, bottom left part of the Tech block, mid left the Sergeants' Mess, top right the guard room and opposite it the sick quarters and nearer the camera the station headquarters. Perhaps the most interesting buildings are the two single storey ones in the centre and near the parked cars. In the 1950s one of them was the Accounts office but, more interestingly, they were the oldest buildings on the camp dating from before the war when they were part of an Army(?) Wireless station. Presumably, this was evacuated when Pill Box 37 at the Eastern entrance to the bay was also evacuated in December 1941 after being deamaged by shellfire.
Thisnext photogaph was taken form the same window in 1987.