Everything tagged: University of Hong Kong

Ho-Tung Engineering Workshop - Pokfulam Road [1925-c.1980]

Submitted by Chinarail on Wed, 05/20/2020 - 16:17

Shortly after the opening of the University of Hong Kong in 1912,  Sir Robert Ho-Tung made a donation of $100,000 to the university for the purpose of providing an engineering machine shop for training of engineering students. The first small workshop, which was built on 1914, was located very close to the main campus building. The noise from the workshop of hammering and noisy machines led to the professors and  lecturers  complaining and begging for the noise to be abated.