Triangular shaped building on M.L. 514 at the north-western junction of Queen's Road Central and Ice House Street.
Possibly built at the same time as the Victoria Buildings (South Building) which would be in the 1860s. First mentioning in the Hongkong Telegraph was in 1878 (House No. 9 QRC with godowns attached).
From September 1888, the Dua Samanthan Mining Company had their headquarters in this building.
In 1894, a request was made to the Sanitary Board for the erection of two water closets (!).
On the 1 September 1894, the New Victoria Hotel opened [see comment below]. It likely closed in 1905, and in September of this year, the International Bank opened their new offices.
The building was likely demolished in 1935/6, a new one should be finished in June 1937 (source)
Comments
Opening of New Victoria Hotel