Hong Kong Police Long Service Medal

Submitted by frankyoung on Wed, 08/31/2022 - 23:23


I have my father's Long Service and Good Conduct medal.

He received it in the late 1960's.

Does anyone know if these awards were announced or mentioned anywhere around that time?

Thank you.
Frank Young


Assuming your father was a regular officer his medal would be the Colonial Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal,awarded for completion of 18 years service.The award of these medals was promulgated in the Hong Kong Government Gazette which gave the effective date.Within the Force the award was published in Headquarter Orders.