#1 Chatham Path - Former "Chatham English School" [1927- ]
Constructed in 1927 by its owner, John Caer Clark, the former Chatham English School was built in circa 1927 as a private residence.
1A Chatham Path, was occupied before WWII by Mr. and Mrs. Humphreys, Alfred David 60, Merchant, (as listed on the POW records). His wife, Elizabeth Anges, died in the POW camp hospital age 54.
In 1952 the building was registered as a private secondary school offering education to Chinese and Eurasian children from affluent families living on the Peak. The school operated for over twenty years until 1973.
see this thread at timway.com.hk about the Chatham English School.
During the Japanese Occupation, the house might have been occupied by a high-ranking Japanese military officer. There was a postbox nearby which was built during King George V's reign (1910-1936), one of the few pre-Elizabeth postboxes remaining in Hong Kong.