Sir Arthur Kennedy’s statue [1887-c.1943]
A fine bronze statue of Sir Arthur Kennedy, Governor of the Colony 1872-6, erected by public subscription, stands above the second terrace looking down on the fountain [of the Botanical Garden]. It was unveiled in November, 1887, by Governor Sir William Des Voeux.
On the 1905, 1909 and 1924 maps shown with a marker.
Possibly removed during the Japanese occupation and melted down in Japan.
In 1958, the statue of King George VI was erected on the pedestal where the statue of Sir Arthur Kennedy stood.