P & O Pier (first generation) [c.1875-c.1895]
The Hongkong Government Gazette from 1874-01-24 reports that the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company asked for permission to erect a pier opposite Marine Lots Nos 71, 71a, 72, 72a.
The 1889 map on hkmaps.hk shows ML 71 between Queen's Road, (todays) Ko Shing Street - praya in 1874, Sutherland Street and (todays) Li Sing Street. On this map, a large pier is shown.
The pier was probably built a year after the first publication. The next phase of reclamation was the end for the pier, so it was demolished around 1895. The P&O Headquarters was further down Queen's Road near Jubilee Street, so possibly godowns were built on the lot.