GPO Mail distribution bridge and tower [c.1955-c.1977]
Bridge from the General Post Office to a tower at the waterfront across Connaught Road. The tower was located at the waterfront and was likely used for mail transport to and from the post office using a (the) Mail Boat.
It was built likely in the mid 1950s and stood there even after the next stage of reclamation. After the 1960s reclamation, the bridge was extended through the tower to the new sea shore, ending close to the new Blake Pier.
It was likely demolished latest together with the Post Office.
More information here.