Located at Connaught Road opposite to the end of Pottinger Street.
The Public Works Report for 1898 refers:
85. Sections 6 and 7:- Work on these sections was considerably delayed, and is still delayed, owing to the decision of Government to construct no more solid stone piers, but to adopt open piers on iron or steel piles. The construction of two important stone piers was included in Contract No. 43 of 1897, and the rubble mound and portions of the concrete block foundations had been completed, while the greater part of the cut granite was ready in the quarries. Eventually, to save large expense and loss, it was decided to complete Pottinger Street pier according to the original design, and this was accordingly done.
It's use is not clear, on the 1945 map on hkmaps.hk it is labelled "Government Pier". The 1903 PWR indicates it's use as government pier from the beginning.
During the next phase of reclamation it was removed, probably around 1965 when Blake Pier was removed.