Harcourt Road [1961- ]

Submitted by Klaus on Sun, 03/10/2019 - 22:30

Named after

Admiral Cecil Harcourt (1892-1959), the head of a provisional military government in Hong Kong from September 1945 to April 1946.

Details: 

Harcourt Road is about 650 m (0,4 miles) long and connects Connaught and Gloucester Roads

Timeline

  • 1991: Harcourt Road opened (see below).

The third major project during this year was the dual carriageway through the site of the former Naval Dockyard connecting Connaught Road and Gloucester Road [Hong Kong Government Report for 1961 (p. 249)]

More details on the history and the construction can be found here: Handover of military areas to the HK Government .

Current condition
In use
Date street completed
(Day & Month are approximate.)
Photos of this street:
(see more)

Photos of this street: