Fenwick Pier (1st generation) [1929-c.1970]
The first Fenwick Pier was built in 1929 during the East Praya Reclamation. In the Public Works Report for 1929 is the following entry:
Public Pier ‘A’.—This pier is situated at the end of Fenwick Street. The decking, landing steps and fendering -were constructed during the year, thus completing the pier.
In the 1930 Report the pier is specified in more detail:
The construction of two public piers in reinforced concrete, one of these piers is situated at the end of Fenwick Road, and is, built T shaped, it projects a distance of 41 feet 4 inches from the sea wall cope and provides at its outer face a berth of similar length; .....
The pier was demolished during the next phase of reclamation in 1970.