Wills and probate

Submitted by pat.lally on Sat, 03/03/2018 - 20:16

Does Hong Kong have the the UK equivalent of the contents of wills and probate available?  I am particularly interested in locating several from 1963, but living in the UK, I am unable to find anything on the Internet.

For wills made after WW2 you can make a written application to The Probate Registry, High Court, 38 Queensway, Hong Kong, stating your background and the reason for yoiur application. Some wills are held by the Public Records Office who would then pass your application to the High Court, but it can take a month or more to get an answer. You may be required to provide a family tree showing your links to the deceased. It seems that permission is usually withheld if you are not a relative. The email address for the Public Records Office is proinfo@grs.gov.hk