Universal Theatre / 民樂戲院 [1967-1995]
Seating capacity: 1,131
Address: 50A, Bowring Street, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong. While this may be the official address, please note that Google Maps places the theatre at the southwest corner of Bowring-Shanghai intersection. Fortunately, other references in the sources listed below, particularly the two photos in flickr.com, confirm the true location on the southeast corner of Bowring-Kwun Chung intersection.
Universal Theatre operated during the period January 1, 1967 - March 4, 1992. After its closing, a mini theatre called New Universal 新民樂戲院 with seating capacity of 151 operated from June 1993 to February 1995; and this is considered part of the total operating period.
- Cinema Treasures: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/26949
- Feverlab: http://www.feverlab.com/thread-34902-1-1.html
- Oldcake: http://www.oldcake.net/viewthread.php?action=printable&tid=7344
- Hong Kong Theatres Association Limited: http://hktaorg.com/en/cinemahistory.php
- Wikipedia's list of theatres no longer operating: https://zh.wikipedia.org/zh-tw/%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF%E5%B7%B2%E7%B5%90%E6%A...