Peng Chau Theatre / 坪洲戲院 [1978-1988]
Capacity: about 500
Two different addresses appear in the sources - 圍仔街15號 and 坪洲永安街415地段, and the latter does not match the true location of the theatre when the number 415 is used as street number. The building is a short distace east of the junction of Chi Yan Street and Shing Ka Road, Peng Chau, Hong Kong. Google street view photos show the building's exterior has been revitalized sometime between 2014 and 2016.
A short discussion of the history of Peng Chau and origin of the theatre can be found in the discussion paper listed below as one of the sources.
Peng Chau Theatre operated during the period February 6, 1978 - late 1980s. For the purpose of this page, the closing date is estimated to be January 1988. After it was closed, the building was turned into partly a warehouse, a karaoke bar and several residential flats. As noted above, the exterior of the building has been revitalized recently though it is not clear if there would be changes to the current types of use.
- Discussion paper: http://www.aab.gov.hk/form/news_20160419/historic_2_new_items.pdf
- Cinema Treasures: http://cinematreasures.org/theaters/28311
- Talk Cinema: https://talkcinema.wordpress.com/2015/05/19/坪洲戲院終走一回/
- Discover Hong Kong: http://www.discoverhongkong.com/tc/see-do/great-outdoors/outlying-island...
- Hong Kong Theatres Association Limited: http://hktaorg.com/en/cinemahistory.php