No. 8 Police Station (1st Generation) [1870-1895]
The first No. 8 Police Station was built here in 1870, and stood on Po Yee Street, formerly known as Station Street. Upper Station Street is an adjoining diagonal street leading up to the Mid-Levels. The 1894 plague broke out in the streets of the Tai Ping Shan area, a densely populated Chinese slum with appalling sanitary conditions. To wipe out the plague virus, the Government tore down all the buildings in that area, including the No. 8 Police Station, which was relocated to the nearby Hospital Road. Redevelopment of the Tai Ping Shan area was completed around 1898 and Station Street was renamed Po Yee Street. Today, Upper Station Street remains but the station is already long gone.
Building removed in 1895 - source