Breezy Point [1882-????]

Submitted by Herostratus on Wed, 05/25/2016 - 14:34
Current condition
Demolished / No longer exists
Date completed

Home of Deputy Surgeon General Robert Lewer, PMO, AMS in 1888. In evidence he states the house was built in 1882 and that sanitary conditions are poor - his wife and child have had fever and many servants/coolies have died

Source

Photos that show this Place

Comments

When the Girls' College opened in 1906 (as St. Stephen's Preparatory School), it was located in one room in Breezy Point. See SCMP (1924-01-26), p. 9. 

In 1908, the Girls' College moved to Glenwood in the then No. 27 (now Nos. 61-71) Caine Road. See SCMP (1949-06-15), p. 5.