Hoover Theatre [1954-1981] | Gwulo: Old Hong Kong
Pre-order the new Gwulo book today to get 
special pricefree shippingsigned copies, and a free sample
Details and how to order

Hoover Theatre [1954-1981]

Current condition: 
Demolished / No longer exists
Date Place completed: 
1954-05-06
Date Place demolished: 
1981-10-01

This building stood on the junction of Yee Wo Street and Pennington Street.

Dates from Raymond Lo via Cinema Treasures:

  • 1954: Opened to business on 6th May
  • 1981: Closed on 1st October.
Tags: 

Photos that show this place

Comments

Before the outbreak of war in 1941, the site of the former Hoover Theatre was an amusement park. The name of the amusement park as translated from its Chinese name "東區遊樂場" was the Eastern District  Amusement Park.

Its Chinese name is 豪華戲院

The Eastern District Amusement Park can be viewed here