Lye Mun Howitzer Battery, Lye Yue Mun [1897-????]
Year completed is: Accurate
Condition at last visit: Demolished
Date of last visit: Oct-1998
- 1897: Construction commenced in January, estimated cost £115. (WO 78/3852).
- 1897: Construction completed in March, actual cost £112.1.4 (WO 78/3852).
- 1897: Initial Armament: 2 x 8" RML Howitzers. (WO 78/3852).
- 1904: Shed to hold equipment for Howitzer Bty. Construction commenced in March, estimated cost £149. (WO 78/3711).
- 1904: Construction completed in December, actual cost £149.0.10 (WO 78/3711).
- 1905: From this date, Howitzers are not listed in Defence Tables.
For a background to these notes, and a glossary of terms used, please see: http://gwulo.com/node/24630