Lye Mun Central Battery, Lye Yue Mun [1887- ]
Year completed is: Approximate
Condition at last visit: Intact
Date of last visit: Nov-2014
Other: Museum of Coastal Defence
- 1886: Construction commenced in March, estimated cost £7,600. (Central and Western Btys were estimated for and built in one contract). (WO 78/5357).
- 1887: Construction completed in March, actual cost £7,252. (WO 78/5357).
- 1887: initial Armament: 2 x 64 pdr RML Mk III guns on Sliding Carriages. (WO 78/5357).
- 1894: 2 x 64 pdr RML Mk III guns. (CAB 11/57).
- 1897: 2 x 64 pdr RML Mk III guns. (CAB 11/57).
- 1901: 2 x 64 pdr RML Mk III guns. (CAB 11/57).
- 1903: Not listed.
- 2000: Became part of the Museum of Coastal Defence. Magazines and gunpits renovated for display.
For a background to these notes, and a glossary of terms used, please see: http://gwulo.com/node/24630