Bokhara Battery, Cape D'Aguilar [1941- ]
Year completed is: Accurate
Condition at last visit: Ruin
Date of last visit: Nov-2014
- 1938: Proposal for a new Bty. (WO 78/5361).
- 1940: Construction commenced. (WO 165/91). Originally to be named Fort Grasett. (WO 106/2394).
- 1941: Construction completed in November. (WO 165/91).
- 1941: Armament: 2 x 9.2" BL Mk X guns, removed from Pottinger Bty at Devils Peak. (WO 106/2394), 1 x 3" AA gun. (WO 172/1687).
- 1941: December: In action against a naval target on the 8th. Destroyed by own crews at withdrawal on 19th. (WO 172/1687).
- 1945: No guns remaining, buildings damaged. (WO 196/10).
- 2014: Site had several uses post war, including using gun pits as bases for communications towers. Gun pits and some buildings remain. Now a limited access area, heavily overgrown.
For a background to these notes, and a glossary of terms used, please see: http://gwulo.com/node/24630