Cropped from here (Lock Road, 1973)
One of the many locations of the Red Lion Inn. <Read more ...>
Taken from Prat Avenue, looking at the junction of Prat and Hart Avenues. Rose Mansion on the left.
(photo slightly enhanced) <Read more ...>
From The Hongkong Telegraph 1941-01-14
<Read more ...>
Think this is Tai Wo Compradore at 10-12 Hankow Road (junction with Peking Road). <Read more ...>
Named after: Manuel Prat Pujoldevall, O.P. (1873-1947), Vicar Apostolic of Amoy since 1916 (see comments below)
Details: Prat Avenue is a short road in Tsim Sha Tsui. It is (today) about 200 m long and runs from Carnarvon Road to Chatham Road South.
Timeline: <Read more ...>
Was located at the Junction of Carnarvon and Granville Roads. First appearance on a 1958 photo. The building was demolished before the Taurus Building opened in 1978.
"Kaiser" is the German name for "Emperor", so it was possibly a German restaurant.
Update 2020-02-05: according to the advert from 1958 it's a restaurant with "Famous European, American, French & Russian Cuisine". <Read more ...>
Text on Flickr: The Old market at Peking Road/Canton Road <Read more ...>
Text on Flickr:
Old city building in Tsim Sha Tsui in Hong Kong at the corner of Peking Road/ Hankow Road
Mohan's Building demolished. <Read more ...>
Carnarvon Mansion, two blocks of greenish buildings on the right. <Read more ...>
Download free sample chapters, or buy the books:
Click on your area of interest to choose from over 30,000 pages about old Hong Kong:
Or choose a popular article:
Go to: Top of page | Home | What's new